Proposed LC response for string-compare() proposal from John

From: <Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:28:25 +0200
To: "public-forms " <public-forms@w3.org>

All,

This is my proposed LC response for the string-compare() proposal from
John[1].

The working group will add a string compare function that is compatible
with the XPath 2.0 compare function which is defined in XQuery 1.0 and
XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators[2].
We are currently not sure if we are going to add support for collations. A
working copy of the currently proposed text for the compare function can
be found at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Sorting_data any comment
is welcome. This is a first draft and no warranty can be given that the
final version of the function will be compatible with this first draft.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com