serialization=""

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:47:44 +0200
To: "Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>

All,

We thought about this at Orbeon and we think that using a blank value
for the attribute remains awkward. It is pretty much unseen in XML-based
languages out there, and it could also indicate that the developer has
forgotten to put a value for the attribute.

"none" is not a media type, but neither is a blank string. So I am going
to be a flip-flopper here and get back to the idea that "none" is
preferable to an empty attribute.