Schema question needing response from www-forms-editor

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:15:50 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
The following arrived on www-forms-editor:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Jul/0010.html

It asks that we add a root element for XForms to our schema so that XForms
can be stored without needing a host language.
I think the answer here is that you don't need us to do that.  One can
simply define one's own envelope element in any namespace except ours, and
that element becomes a mini-host language.

Doing this does not introduce a schema validation problem for XForms
content, right?

Doing so would not introduce a problem for the new schema for XForms 1.1,
right?

If correct, please send response to Guntis.  Otherwise, please discuss
issues on public-forms so we can give Guntis a timely response.

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher