Re: Short names for XForms technical specs

Hi Chris,

Ah, in this case, I think we will proceed with the existing short names,
xforms and xforms11, which current point respectively to XForms 1.0 Third
Edition Rec and XForms 1.1 CR.  In other words, we will proceed with our
newsletter using the current names and then issue another letter when
there is any change of available names.

In the new year, Ian, Steven, you and I can discuss what should be done
here.

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed:

Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
12/12/2007 09:43 AM
Please respond to
Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>(new)
Subject

On Wednesday, December 12, 2007, 3:17:33 AM, John wrote:

JB> Hi Chris,
JB>
JB> Could you let me know please if there is any progress on the
JB> allocation request for the XForms shortnames (included again below for
convenience).

Ian Jacobs seems to be saying that shortnames for minor version
numbers should not be used. I (and some others) are arguing against
that.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead