Re: Error in months() function example?

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:37:49 -0700
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: Forms WG (new) <public-forms@w3.org>, public-forms-request@w3.org
Ah, Geez.  Nevermind.
P1Y2M is one year, 2 months, which is 14.
Clearly I should stop editing the spec this evening.
Sorry about the spam.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher

John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
08/13/2007 11:28 PM

Forms WG (new) <public-forms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Error in months() function example?

Just doing my action items, one of which requires me to better explain the
examples for seconds() and months().

Going all the way back to XForms 1.0 first ed., we have the example
months("P1Y2M") returns 14.

Surely that should be 24, right?!?

The P1 doesn't affect the outcome, the M part expresses zero months, and
the Y part gives two years, which is 24 months, not 14.

Thanks,