Re: Architectural Consistency - What does it mean?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:42:55 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, public-forms-tf@w3.org

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:18:44 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> Any thoughts from other Forms TF members? Are there other criteria that
> you would see as part of "architectural consistency"? Mine are all
> pretty general to the Web and not very specific to Forms.

My thoughts were that there are some basic requirements for forms that
each language (HTML forms and XForms) can decide upon how they are best
implemented keeping the overall language and language history in mind. I
remember there being a list of these, but I can't find them. Those basic
requirements would ensure architectural consistency.

I'm not sure how detailed these requirements should be, but I suppose I
could try listing some:

  * Should be able to perform PUT, POST, GET, and DELETE requests
  * Should support application/x-www-form-urlencoded as output format
  * Should support the following controls: text, multiline text, password,
etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>