Re: Charter Proposal

On Oct 2, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:

> aloha, anne!
>
> thanks for seizing the bull by the horns...
>
> there is one aspect of the proposal you sent that troubles me --
> the repeated insistence that ALL work will be performed asynchronously
> via the public-forms-tf list;  i think that it would behoove us to
> meet
> at least in sporadic, albeit regularly scheduled, intervals in the
> teleconference format, where issues that are reaching maturation or
> suffering from neglect, can be discussed and finer, subtler points
> honed...  teleconferences are a regular feature of the W3C
> collaborative
> process, and they assist by introducing the human factor into
> otherwise
> impersonal email exchanges....

I think phone conferences would be ok. Anne's draft charter says:
"Decisions are to be made in asynchronous fashion on the public
mailing list unless all members are present during a meeting."

My interpretation that it's ok to meet on the phone or in person, and
we can discuss all we want. But if someone can't make it to one of
these meetings, we let them have a voice by email before finalizing
any decisions.

Personally, I am totally ok with having occasional telecons for this
task force. It is much more practical with 6 people than with a larger
group. Maybe in the first telecon we can approve the charter (with
changes if necessary) and discuss next steps.

> i also would like to know the reaction of other FTF members have/had
> my post of 27 september 2007, archived at:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2007Sep/0004.html
>
> outlining a plan of action to be followed by the task force which, i
> believe, will accellerate and improve the collaborative process...

I agree with all four of your suggestions in that email. My apologies
for not replying earlier, I've had my head down with Apple business. I
should now be much more free for this and other standards tasks.

Do we have a staff contact available to set us up with some form of
wiki access?

Regards,
Maciej