Re: Where we stand...

That's what I'm saying though, you can do it now, but you have to cache
your app, since any page that references the manifest will get cached. What
I think would be useful is have the ability to have a fallback version of
the app without the regular version being read from the cache.

An example could be an internal web based document management system. Lets
say the developers don't want an offline version or don't want to
rearchitect the app to work offline - but they'd still like a custom
fallback page. You can't do that now because referencing the manifest
caches the page that links to the manifest.

best,

- Pat