Re: What we need in a next-gen social network

Dnia poniedziałek, 25 listopada 2013 13:12:00 Mark Janssen pisze:
> >> Are you willing to help make it happen?  Because the solutions have
> >> been in waiting.
> >
> > Sure!  I'd be happy to look at any systems out there, especially if they
> > offer genuine choice of storage that its determined by the user, rather
> > than, the developer ...
>
> The Pangaia project is a p2p solution, creating a content-addressed
> network rather than using domain names.  That means each person's
> computer becomes part of the cloud.  The individual gets to choose how
> much of their personal content they want to publish to the "cloud".
> Availability is done in the model of Freenet: redundancy.   Popular
> items are copied to peers who use and can serve the content.

I've found another tool that seems to do that in a similar fashion --
RetroShare:
http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/

And a p2p Twitter-killer that got my attention lately:
http://twister.net.co/

Very alpha, but the idea seems sound.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania