Re: Social Web Summit in Paris 1-4 May 2014...

On 02/26/2014 07:31 PM, Daniel Harris wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2014, at 20:26, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

>>> Yes! There will be:
>>>
>>> * 2014-09-06...07: IndieWebCampUK at Brighton, England
>>> Last year's IndieWebCampUK sold out: http://indiewebcamp.com/2013/UK
>>>
>>> We're looking at doing an IndieWebCampParis at some point also.
>> Excellent. If you want to do an IndieWebCampParis, I think I can book a space at Centre Pompidou at more at least anytime if given enough heads up for free if the Ouishare event is coming up too quickly.

>>> "Co-brand" sounds like marketing, not building.
>> Well, Daniel - time to explain your plans for building at Ouishare!
> OK. To clarify, I am part of the organising team for the "OuiShare Labs Camp Paris 2014". The "OuiShare Fest" is taking place May 5-7. I am working on the Camp which will take place immediately before this.
>
> Our intention is to have companies/organisations/groups working on their own "vertical" projects and collaborating "horizontally" across project boundaries at code/protocol/vision level.
>
> The aim is to bring W3C and (Federated) Social Web organisations/groups together with other groups/organisations working on collaborative (sharing) economy, such as Airbnb, ride-sharing and CouchSurfing for example. The idea is to cross-pollinate ideas and drive more interoperable protocols into collaborative (sharing) economy projects whilst also driving more business models/needs/understanding into (Federated) Social Web projects.
>
> Obviously, as well as cross-pollinating across sectors (Social Web to Collaborative) projects will cross-pollinate within their own sectors too: (Federated) Social Web projects will work together and Collaborative Economy projects will work together.
>
> We can define streams and goals beforehand and I suspect their will be desire to keep it loose whilst also having some structure.
>
> So, in a sense we will have the Social Web Summit running parallel to the OuiShare Labs Camp.
>
> Either way and any how we cut it up or name it, it's all about building either code or documentation. It's about being pragmatic and getting things done (read getting protocols adopted in the wild).
>
> Harry? Can you do a keynote on the 3rd May?

I'd prefer to let someone like Tantek or Evan keynote, but I'm happy to
discuss what the W3C wants to see out of this.

Just keep me in loop, and if you need to book space that would be great.
I think an IndieWebCamp in Paris is a great idea, if this is coming too
soon we can do a separate IndieWeb in the fall or whenever Tantek and
the rest of IndieWeb regulars can make it over to France.

    cheers,
      harry