Re: Web Identity specification and Social Web

On 2/24/14 11:57 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> +1, although I don't think we need a spec to say: "An identity is
>> denoted via a URL".
>
> Yes, but we know have a broken meme issue that's lead to the
> requirement for a spec. Remember, there is a spec for a URL [1] where
> a URL is an identifier that denotes a Document Location/Address (which
> also effectively serves as the Document Name).

Meant to say:

Yes, but we *now* have a broken meme issue that's lead to the
requirement for a spec. Remember, there is a spec for a URL [1] where a
URL is an identifier that denotes a Document Location/Address (which
also effectively serves as the Document Name).

[1] http://bit.ly/1fy27DF -- URL
[2] http://www.w3.org/Addressing/URL/url-spec.txt -- A Syntax for the
Expression of Access Information of Objects on the Network

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO