Re: FSW CG now has 100 members

> On 30 June 2013 14:29, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> > The Federated Social Web Community Group was just joined by the 100th
>> > member.
>> >
>> > Welcome Pili Hu !
>>
>> That's great!
>>
>> Just to remind people, the W3C is thinking heavily of starting
>> standardization in this general area, but we need your position papers
>> ASAP:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2013/socialweb/
>>

> Harry, that looks like a great initiative.  I enjoyed following the
> workshop in 2009.
>
> Could I propose a simple use case:
>
> Friending -- ie it should be possible for a user in one social network, to
> add a friend in another.
>
> We didnt really solve this yet.  If the workshop can work out use cases
> such as this, it could be a great building block for further federation.

I would think the Pussubhubbub + ActivityStreams solves that, if by you
mean "friend" you mean "follow their status updates in another network".
The problem is more lack of implementation and any security/group
features. However, there are always alternate ways and a list of use-cases
would be great. Just send it in!