Re: Feds tell Web firms to turn over user account passwords

On 7/26/13 9:55 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> I agree that protecting users against surveillance first of all is a
> political issue, not a technical one. I will not settle on a compromise
> with the NSA and their collaborators.

We do have many dimensions to this matter:

1. Social.

2. Educational -- we have folks surfing the super-information-highway
without any highway code knowledge (this is the biggest part of the
problem) + plus vendor also selling vehicles without any knowledge of
said highway code.

3. Political -- dangerous to users and vendors alike, the react first
(for political reasons) and typically think much later on in the process.

4. Technical -- applying existing standards in manners that map
correctly to existing decentralized and distributed infrastructure
(centralized CA networks, Web 2.0 SaaS deployment etc.. are inherently
flawed when dealing with matters of privacy).

Nobody needs to compromise their privacy! Put differently "You" should
be the sole calibrator or your online vulnerabilities. No need for any
"big brothers" .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen