Re: [buddycloud-dev] email metadata

Hi All,

Very interesting ideas indeed.
I'm doing my Msc research on a similar topic : Reputation Management in
Email Networks in which I aim to implement a reputation management network
among peers using email systems.
Each user will have an index of reputation scores for his contacts (based
on email content analysis as per his personal context, spam/not-important
messages sent by contacts). This reputation scores can be shared among
peers to deliver a collaborative reputation network. And I'm planning to
use an extended SMTP protocol to share reputation attached to email users.
Planning to use Apache James <http://james.apache.org/>, James
Mailet<http://james.apache.org/mailet/index.html>projects for the
project.

I believe reputation management is an  essential part of social networks.
Below is the architecture I have in mind for reputation management via
email networks. Reputation Server, ReputationBox are analogous to the email
IMAP/POP servers and MBox of users. I highly appreciate your ideas on my
project and wish to incorporate your suggestions on how to extend this in
federated social network domain.

[image: Inline image 1]
Regards,
Dileepa