Re: Facebok a leader of _federated_ social networking?

> It's something of a paradox that perhaps the most proprietary solution is
> also the most federated!

No paradox at all!

Facebook is a leader of _federated_ social networking in the same way that
Microsoft is a leader of _federated_ document sharing.

If you are to share a document today via email and you want to be sure
that the receiving end will be able to open (and edit) that document,
Microsoft proprietary solution is the way to go because they hold a
monopoly in this area.

Both Microsoft and Facebook became absolute leaders in each of their
areas using the same business strategies.

There is no paradox about that...