Re: Position papers / workshop Re: FSW CG now has 100 members

On 07/01/2013 08:51 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Harry Halpin:
>> Just to remind people, the W3C is thinking heavily of starting
>> standardization in this general area, but we need your position papers
>> ASAP:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2013/socialweb/
> I will not be able to travel to the US. Will it be possible to
> participate via Internet (Open Standards preferred) ?

In very exceptional circumstances this has been done (we did it for
Henry Story/WebID in 2011). However, we would prefer people to be there
and will prioritize position papers from those that can attend in
person. Feel free to send a Position Paper and tell us you can't attend,
and we'll still post it to the website and encourage attendees to read
it to inform the discussion.

I do understand the US is far away, so the next event will hopefully be
Europe-based!!

> I noticed that the Program Committee for that workshop mostly consists
> of people who do not seem to be active in the Federated Social Web
> community.

Evan Prodromou (who helped design the Ostatus stack), Monica Wilkinson
(ActivityStreams), and others are on the PC - along with of course,
interested companies. If folks see any key areas missing, just email me.