Re: ActivityPump API

On 12-09-20 05:15 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 9/20/12 5:06 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>> On 12-09-20 05:01 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> How is user 'bwk' identified by the system in question?
>> There's OAuth 1.0 authentication; see
>> https://github.com/evanp/activitypump/blob/master/API.md#authentication
>>> What about a shared outbox?
>
> I assume an outbox is just a collection style of resource (like a
> folder) for outbound data associated with a specific user, right?
More like a stream; it's an ordered list of activities with the most
recent activities first.

But, yes, all stuff that has a single person as the "actor".
>> I'm a little confused on that; do you mean something like when
>> janeandfrank235@hotmail.com share an email address? Or more like a
>> group blog? Or more like a mailing list?
>
> More like sharing blog, mail oriented resources, basically a folder
> accessible to more than one identity.
I think that an Activity Streams "group" would match more closely. I've
got plans to add groups in the near future, but tried to keep things
simple for this upcoming release.

In my mind, an activity sent to a group would be distributed to all
members of that group.
>>> What happens when 'bwk' seeks to temporarily or permanently delegate
>>> privileges to others etc?
>>>
>> I'm also not sure I understand what you mean here.
>
> How a user can enable another user act on its behalf, thereby
> inheriting the privileges required for outbox access etc.. Basically,
> like a secretarial agent authorized to act on behalf of a boss.
That's not even close to being on my radar right now.

One thing that is close is letting people set up product or organization
accounts, and letting them post as that product or organization. Similar
to Facebook Pages or Google+'s thing, or even co-tweet ability in
Twitter. ("ReadWriteWeb says, 'Come check out our new blog post!'"). Is
that kind of what you're thinking?

-Evan