Re: Websockets

About this XMPP vs HTTP vs WS debate, I would also like hear people's
opinion about REST vs RPC.

XMPP follows an RPC architecture, yet XMPP is know to be rock solid
for federation. How can that be, if one of the core ideas behind a
RESTful architecture is that its stateless nature provides major
benefits to achieve a truly distributed system? Is RESTful overrated?