Re: ActivityPump API

Hi Evan and all,

After carefully reading the ActivityPump API, I like the approach. I
think that federating directly with AS is more straightforward than the
PuSH/Salmon mix. We are close to comply with SWAT0 using OStatus in
Social Stream, and the feeling is that PuSH and Salmon are somewhat
repeated, besides XML is too verbose.

Thinking more about distributed social networking, I find there are two
separated aspects. On the one hand, a remote site tries to learn about a
user, her profile, activities, stuff, etc. On the other site, we have
activity notifications between sites.

The last can be described using JSON AS + Audience Targeting +
only one activity point per site. This way, notifications to several
users in the same site could be delivered only once. Authorization could
be handled in the similar way Facebook does with apps (note that apps
are also authorized to publish on behalf of users if the permission is
granted)

What do you think?

Best regards.