Re: one-way sameAs and friendOf links

Hi Melvin,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 sameAs is going to have to become a fact of life, especially for anyone
> that chooses to use webfinger ... you should read it as :  entity A is the
> same as entity B

I think you may want to rethink that one. You shouldn't just believe
anything you read. I mean, people obviously sometimes say things that
aren't true. You would get into situations like this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/quotes?qt=qt0471978

Therefore, a sameAs claim, or any claim for that matter, should only
be trusted in the /outgoing/ direction, never in the reverse
direction, unless cryptographically signed by the other party.

It seems quite fundamental to me. In fact, if your bank would follow
your advise, then i could easily go there, tell them "#me sameAs
Melvin Carvalho", and they would hand me all your money, telling you
"ah, but we just learned from Michiel that entity Michiel is the same
as entity Melvin." :)

Cheers,
Michiel