Re: the possible impact of future changes in webfinger (was Re: Anonymity and multiple identities)

On 7/9/12 9:01 AM, Michiel de Jong wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> On 7/9/12 5:51 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>> You will never convince everyone on the web to use the same stack.
>> Correct.
> depends how you define 'stack'. look at html, it's a living standard,
> with lots of small components. you can see on caniuse.com which
> percentage of browsers support what. that's the sort of ecosystem i'm
> thinking of. maybe we just mean the same thing.

HTML wasn't a prospective standard. It was in broad use (relatively
speaking) prior to official standardization. HTML was a showcase for
power of URIs re. connecting documents over HTTP networks. View source
combined with copy and paste delivered a deft pattern for bootstrap via
network effects. It was so deft most don't even realize how the world
came to standard on HTML for information presentation.

> i will try to put together something like caniuse.com for fedsocweb,
> so that people know what options are being discussed, and then it can
> evolve.

Ok.

--

Regards,