Re: "Logged in with fedsocweb"

On 7/8/12 7:14 AM, Michiel de Jong wrote:
> I was just using AirBnb while logged in with facebook. this works
> great, because you don't have to create an AirBnb account, yet by
> checking someone's list of facebook friends as displayed inside
> AirBnb, you can check whether you are dealing with a scammer or a
> psycho or a normal person.
>
> A similar experience is when using Lanyrd while logged in via Twitter,
> there you have the added cool feature of seeing what conferences
> people "close to you" will be going to, and if you follow a high rate
> of the speakers and/or attendants of a certain conference or workshop,
> chances are you might at least want to know about it.
>
> I guess it's obvious where i'm going with this...
>
> how can we generalize this model to fedsocweb? Of course, there's
> advanced features like automatically registering a bunch of
> intent-handler (share, add to calendar, send as private message) for
> your home-node, In both cases a huge value is already obtained by just
> OAuth-ing to pull in the friends list.
>
> the work on OAuth discovery is still very much in progress, but i
> think this is an interesting opportunity. in your webfinger profile,
> you can expose three small pieces of information:
>
> - the end point to obtain the friends-list (this can be either
> cross-origin or server-to-server)
> - the end point to obtain an access token for said friends-list.
> - (unless we pick 1 canonical one)  which format the friends-list is in
>
> Would this be cool?
>

> Cheers,
> Michiel

For sake of experiment, make yourself a WebID via the service at:
http://id.myopenlink.net/certgen . The UI should be obvious :-)

Once done, you can then use S/MIME to sign your emails.  If you try
that, I'll have some interesting things to share and discuss with you
re. federated personal data spaces bootstrap .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO