Re: the possible impact of future changes in webfinger (was Re: Anonymity and multiple identities)

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tricky to satisfy all four of those points.

[...]

> Mark Nottingham's webfinger suggestion from this week, for user based
> discovery, seemed to me, to be the most practical, so far

Good! So then we agree that [whatever specific syntax will be chosen
by] webfinger is the best option, out of the options we have.

to be clear, i also feel the cost of webfinger's growing pains, and i
also love to write long emails about what the wording should be and
why. but from there to your suggestion that the world should "move
on", and use "the facebook standard" instead of a webfinger-based
fedsocweb, seemed very illogical to me.