Re: the possible impact of future changes in webfinger (was Re: Anonymity and multiple identities)

On 7 July 2012 12:57, Daniel Harris <daniel@kendra.org.uk> wrote:

> Yes! Good questions! Could you g(uy/irl)s please bring some clarity around
> these points?
>
> My main beef with this wonderful email process is that capturing the
> conclusions is well difficult.
>
> But if you g(uy/irl)s were doing this on a wiki and talking (by email)
> about the wiki as you went then we'd have something to show for all this
> great surge of activity.
>
> I wanna make all this fedsocweb happen. I'm running projects and raising
> money to build cool stuff. But I'm not uber techie. I need you guys to
> recommend the way forward to fulfil the glorious fedsocweb vision.
>
> Ah! Just looked on wiki and there *is* activity. I'll go review over next
> few days/weeks:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/wiki/Main_Page

I'm going to write a document 'Web Federation Protocol' to show how you can
use existing web standards to federate, while inventing very little or
nothing new.  These techniques are being used in the 'wild' today, by some
of the social networks in our read write group.  But it extends to more
than just social (people, things, robots, content, services), social can be
considered one aspect of the web.  I'll post it to this list when im done,
in case anyone has interest :)