Re: Common HTTP Model

Hi,

As the HTTP Model is simply a description of how HTTP requests and
optional.

I agree with Adam that there may not always be a requirement for
functions accessing this model, so it would be just consequent to
treat them as optional extension. In RESTXQ, for example, the HTTP
Model is used to build server responses, and those results will
usually never be requested from within a function. Instead, it is the
RESTXQ implementation that parses this XQuery response result and
creates the real HTTP response.

Personally, I can life with both solutions: Define two specs or keep
them together. In terms of naming things, it might be more consequent
to split them. Right now, on top of [1] it says "HTTP Model. EXPath
Candidate Module 11 January 2014". But I believe that a model is
nothing like a "module". A better naming could be:

* HTTP Model. EXPath Candidate ..
* HTTP Module. EXPath Candidate Module

In a broader scope, we could even think about rephrasing the subtitles
of each "EXPath Module" to "EXPath Recommendation". Aftre all, in my
points of view, features like the packaging system are much more than
plain modules.

What do you think?
Christian

[1] http://expath.org/spec/http/editor