Re: Final draft of Proposed Binary Module

Thanks for all your hard work!  This is ultimately going to make some
whole new applications possible.

I have two non-substantive edits; include only if you feel the need:

(in 5.2 bin:bin)

     ... a sequence of (8-wise) (ASCII) binary digits  ...

should read (I think)

    ... a sequence of (8-wide) (ASCII) binary digits ...

(in 6.2 bin:part)

The example made me wonder how to convert "PDF%" to binary.  I scanned
below to find bin:encode-string.  It might be nice to include a forward
reference here as a benefit for first-time readers.

I'm also curious why packing and unpacking functions aren't specified as
taking/returning sequences of numbers.  Is the idea that any conceivable
optimizations can be achieved just as easily by mapping the functions or
using them with function operators?

-Mike