Re: webapp packaging

On 14 April 2013 19:10, Michael Sokolov wrote:

  Hi Michael,

> I see there is a generic Component interface in servlex, but there
> doesn't appear to be any mechanism for plugging in an XQuery
> component provider other than Saxon.

  I have worked on that recently:

    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/b195ba1a46
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/d20b32a3ac
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/3c7478cbca
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/e174382462
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/729298d666
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/e13670a689
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/7eb499a98f
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex/commit/f4f9074887

  I *think* it should be possible to implement now the new interface
Processors for any other processor.  This abstracts the operations
used in Servlex, in a processor-agnostic way, including an ad-hoc
abstract data model (sequence, item, etc.)  This is the result of
several refactoring passes, and I tried to keep the interfaces as
simple as possible (only for what is actually used by Servlex).  Any
feedback on this welcome!

  Besides the processors themselves, you'll have to implement the
extension functions as well, but this is not required as long as you
don't use them in the XQuery code, and this is not the trickiest part
(so it can safely be postponed).

  If you want to give it a try, you'll have to setup your Java EE
container with your classes in the classpath, and with the system
property "org.expath.servlex.processors" pointing to your Processors
implementation class (e.g. in conf/catalina.properties with Tomcat).

  I can give you a dev version of the installer if you want a compiled
version including the above changes.

  There is a test suite in test/, I simply run it with "make", and
then have a look at the generated HTML reports.  I am not sure they
require any initial setup on a fresh checkout (I think you'll have to
install a Tomcat under test/, and set it up, lilke changing the port,
but it should be all documented in test/README).

  If you have any question, if you need any help, please don't
hesitate to ask!

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges