Re: An type for octets in the Binary Module

On 14 March 2013 14:43, Adam Retter wrote:

>>   So if I understand correctly, binary-to-octets() returns
>> xs:integers because xs:byte <http://w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#byte>
>> is not supported by XQuery nor by XSLT/Basic.

> Er... what?
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel/#types-hierarchy

  Yes sorry, xs:byte is supported in XQuery.  But not because of
XDM.  XDM defines the hierarchy (based on XML Schema), but XPath
does not mandate all of them to be in the static context.  But
XQuery does, you are right.  XSLT Basic only mandates primitive
atomic types, whilst XSLT SA mandates all of them (the profiles
in XSLT 3.0 is still a work in progress).

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/