Re: Draft of Binary module

On 14.3.2013 14:48, Adam Retter wrote:

> Are you saying that octet does not mean octal number? If so, what does
> octet mean? does it in fact mean byte? if so can we just call it a
> byte please.

Octet is information unit which has 8 bits, for byte it was not always
the case, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octet_(computing)

To me octet is quite natural term it's used in definition of almost all
internet protocols. I think that using byte would be confusing in the
context of XML stack as corresponding XML Schema data type is signed
which is not relevant for raw binary data.

    Jirka