Re: Comment on "Allow both xs:base64Binary and xs:hexBinary as arguments"

On 4 July 2013 17:35, Adam Retter wrote:

> Functions should explicitly take xs:base64binary and return
> xs:base64binary because that is the type used in other EXPath
> specs.

> What if you want xs:hexBinary? Simply, we provide conversion
> functions to/from hex to base64.

  Yes.  I start to think this is probably the most practical approach...

  - one single type consistently used across the spec
  - no custom type
  - specific entry points (in and out) to use other types

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/