EXPath Module Standalone or on top of each other (Was: EXPath, Proposed File Module)

This is a general question on EXPath Module

Are the Module supposed to be standalone or can we share a bit of
information (like error codes and namespace) ?

If we share something, can we start gathering data for a EXPath Common
Module ?

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL