Re: EXPath, Proposed File Module

Few remarks

== XSLT 2.0 and XSLT 3.0 ==

You say in the introduction
[[
This proposal provides a file system API for XPath. It defines extension
functions to perform file system related operations such as listing,
reading, or writing files or directories. It has been designed to be
compatible with XQuery 1.0 and XSLT 2.0, as well as any other XPath 2.0
usage.
]]

And then in the Appendix A - References, you mention XSLT 3.0 and XPath 3.0

Probably you should mention BOTH in both places

== Error conditions ==
I'm fine with errors that are in the file http://expath.org/ns/file namespace
like not-found, exists, no-dir, is-dir, or even io-error

I'm a bit less confortable with unknown-encoding and out-of-range being in
this namespace

What's the plan here : do we want all the EXPath specification be
standalone ? or do we want to avoid duplication ?

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development