Re: Test Suite

From: Christian Grün <christian.gruen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 00:29:29 +0200
To: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Cc: Matthias Brantner <matthias.brantner@28msec.com>, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>, public-expath@w3.org
>  Thank you.  About what I think it is relevant here...  AFAIK, the
> central access point of the FOTS format is the catalog, with a
> specific name (catalog.xml) in the test suite directory.  This is then
> the main entry point if we want to write another test suite based on
> the same format.  I couldn't find a way to specify another catalog
> with the BaseX test harness.  Maybe the catalog document is embedded,
> or it is simulated somehow by the Java code?  Or maybe a missed the
> option?

You can use the -p flag to specify the root directory with the
catalog.xml file. Apart from that.. The code was written for the
existing test suite, and it may well be that it will be adapted a
little to work with the EXPath tests. Edits are welcome (it's open
source anyway ;).

>  I suggest that we add whether the FOTS support is ok for each
> processor in http://www.w3.org/community/expath/wiki/Modules#Processors,
> in order to be sure it is actually usable everywhere.

Sure, I'll be fine with that,
Christian