Re: Exit Candidate criteria and Test Suite

From: Christian Grün <christian.gruen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:08:20 +0200
To: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
Cc: public-expath@w3.org
> I just updated again the same matrix that is now giving a lot of useful data
> [1]

Thanks.

> * 6 implementations that claims support for the latest edition of the EXPath
> HTTPClient specification (20100109)
> * 4 implementations that claims support for the latest edition of the EXPath
> Zip Specification (20101012)
> [...]

Just a minor note: it may be more helpful here to count the number of
different code bases. If I got it right, Saxon and Calabash (and
Servlex?) are based on the very same implementation. -- What do others
think?

> 1) Do we need to have a more stable specification system (ŕ la W3C
> Recommendation) or do we want to have a leaving specification (ŕ la WhatWG)
> ?

To speed up the process, I would opt for a more liberal system.

> 4) Do we have some test suite already available ? At least is someone
> already able to provide some tests ?

We have written several JUnit tests for most of the implemented specifications..

  https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/tree/master/src/test/java/org/basex/test/query/func

..some of which could probably be adapted for general use.

Looking forward to everyone's opinions,
Christian