Exit Candidate criteria and Test Suite

From: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 17:24:06 +0200
To: public-expath@w3.org
Dear all,

I just updated again the same matrix that is now giving a lot of useful
data [1]

It shows various informations

For examples there is
* 6 implementations that claims support for the latest edition of the
EXPath HTTPClient specification (20100109)
* 4 implementations that claims support for the latest edition of the
EXPath Zip Specification (20101012)

There is also
* 5 implementations that claims support for the previous latest edition of
the EXPath Packaging Specification (20101111)

It might be good to define

1) Do we need to have a more stable specification system ( la W3C
Recommendation) or do we want to have a leaving specification ( la WhatWG)
?

2) If we want a more stable specification system, can we define the exit
criteria that permits to move from a Candidate Specification to a
Recommendation ?

3) What will be the role of test suite in such system (W3C or WhatWG) ?

4) Do we have some test suite already available ? At least is someone
already able to provide some tests ?

I propose to let few days for people to start answering those question by
email. We could also schedule a short teleconference to discuss those points

Mohamed

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/expath/wiki/Modules
[2] http://expath.org/spec/pkg/20120509/diff

--