Whitespace preservation mode

From: Takuki Kamiya <tkamiya@us.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:51:22 -0800
To: "public-exi@w3.org" <public-exi@w3.org>
Hi,

When there is a type associated with an element, content type information
gives you an idea as to what to do with whitespaces during encoding.

However, in schema-less situations, the best you can do is to guess what
is expected to do, unless xml:space is specified. I am not very sure if
this heuristics is always correct.

I think we may need to provide a canonicalization mode where canonicalization
is expected to preserve as much whitespaces as possible.

Thank you,

Takuki Kamiya
Fujitsu Laboratories of America