EXI Status

From: Aaron Braeckel <braeckel@ucar.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:12:01 -0600
To: public-exi@w3.org
Hello,

I would like to learn a bit more about EXI's popularity and progress to help guide some of the systems we're developing.  Is EXI in a significantly better or worse position than it was two years ago?  This is an area where it is difficult to glean meaningful information from looking around on the web.

EXI recently reached Candidate Recommendation status.  Do you have any feeling for how long it might take from here for it to reach Recommendation status?  There is some information online about the W3C process, but it's not clear to me how the process translates into wall clock time.:)

Are you aware of any Java EXI libraries besides AgileDelta's EfficientXML and Exificient?

Thanks,
Aaron Braeckel
Research Applications Laboratory