From: public-exi-request@w3.org [mailto:public-exi-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Vishal K
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:09 AM
To: public-exi@w3.org
Subject: [EXI] Encoding of boolean dataType with Pattern

Hi EXI WG,

              As specification says about Boolean dataType of exi if it is
with pattern    of false,0 ,true and 1    than encoding should be in nbit
unsigned integer so  output will be 0 , 1, 2 or 3 in 2 bits  but Agile delta
is giving it in 2 bytes .For example below case -

If xml schema is -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xs:simpleType name="exi_booleanPtrn">

<xs:restriction base="xs:boolean">

<xs:pattern value="0|1|true|false"/>

</xs:restriction>

</xs:simpleType>

<xs:element name="root" type="exi_booleanPtrn"/>

</xs:schema>

And xml input is -

<root>0</root>

Then agile delta is giving output -     (in bytealign and in strict mode)

91 00 00 01            (values are in hexadecimal)

Which should be

91 00 01              (values are in hexadecimal)

So please clarify needful.

Regards

Vishal