Re: preliminary Call for Implementations

From: Daniel Peintner <daniel.peintner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:51:45 +0100
To: public-exi@w3.org

Dear Friends of EXI,

We are pleased to share with you information on the open source
project EXIficient, an implementation of the W3C EXI format
specification. Please find below a list of relevant facts.

It would like to take advantage of the situation and announce the
second release of EXIficient [1].

Thanks,

-- Daniel

[1] http://exificient.sourceforge.net/

Software / Project Name:
EXIficient

Organization Name:
Open source project initiated by Siemens AG

Platform, Language:
Java, OS Independent (written in an interpreted language)

License:
GPL v2

Concise, short maturity-level statement:
The open source project EXIficient supports most of EXI's features
such as all coding modes (e.g. bit-packed and compression) in
schema-less as well as in schema-informed mode. Open issues for the
rapidly ongoing progress can be found on the project site (linkto:
http://exificient.sourceforge.net/?id=issues).