________________________________

From: Melanie Stallings [mailto:ms.protrain@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:13 AM
To: public-exi@w3.org

Dear EXI working group:
My question is about character encoding.
Section 7.1.10 String states "each character is represented by its UCS
code point encoded as an Unsigned Integer".
Can you please be more specific about what you mean by UCS code point?
I'm currently encoding and decoding in my own little world
(because I know what encoding scheme I'm using), but, the intent is universal.
I want to be sure others can decode my EXI output.
I want to be sure I can decode EXI from other sources.

Links to documentation on how to encode / decode UCS code point would be
helpful and appreciated.

Sincerely,
Melanie Stallings

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>