Typed Extension for StAX API

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.Pericasgeertsen@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:03 -0400
To: public-exi@w3.org
Cc: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder@yahoo.com>

Hi All,

  Tatu Saloranta, Woodstox' main developer, and I have been
exchanging some ideas on how to extend the StAX API to support native
Java types. The original discussion started in the stax_builders
mailing list, but since EXI processors are likely customers of this
API as well, I thought I'd start a thread on this public list. The
underlying goal of this effort is to have a well-proven API that
could be proposed to the StAX.next WG.

  The current proposal [1] is already fairly long (not too complex,
but long) so I hope the outcome of this is discussion isn't that we
need double the number of methods --if that is the outcome, however,
we will probably need to go back to the drawing board :(

  In any case, I think your input can make this API better for both
XML and EXI processors. Looking forward to your feedback.

  Thanks.

-- Santiago

[1] http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/woodstox/wstx/trunk/src/java/
org/codehaus/stax2/typed/