AW: Canonical EXI section 4.2.2

Hi Taki,

I agree with you that "MUST NOT" should be lower cased in a note.

Having said that, I am not sure whether Canonical EXI processors should be allowed to implement a feature that accounts for XML schema validity.

Let me give you one example with the following XSD snippet

    <xs:simpleType name="myRangedUnsignedInt">
        <xs:restriction base="xs:unsignedInt">
            <xs:minInclusive value="500"/>
        </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>

The type "myRangedUnsignedInt" maps to UnsignedInteger [1]. According to my understanding every Canonical EXI processor should also use the UnsignedInteger representation even if the integer value is below 500.

IF we allow for schema validity in such a case we end up with canonical EXI processors behaving differently.

Do you see my concern?

Thanks,

-- Daniel

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/exi/#encodingUnsignedInteger