From: FABLET Youenn [mailto:Youenn.Fablet@crf.canon.fr]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 7:37 AM
To: 'Taki Kamiya'; public-exi-comments@w3.org
Cc: 'fujisawa.jun'; RUELLAN Herve
Subject: RE: [LC-2193] RE: EXI LC Comments

Dear Taki,

Thanks for detailling several possible options on how to use schemaID.
Letting the schemaID abstract in the EXI spec is a sensible decision for the EXI WG and EXI spec to concentrate on the format
itself.
The question that comes next is whether something is being or will be built on it?

>From reading your mail, I understood that one already functional option is for dedicated applications/specifications to define their
own schemaID and detail what schema constructs are to be added for that particular schemaID value. In those cases, EXI processors
will use schemaID as a switch to load (or not) some already-known schema information.

I assume that schemaID could also be used to make things more dynamic. Some additional pieces of technology/specification may be
needed to make it fully interoperable (for instance, stating that some particular schemaIDs or schemaID schemes may be used as URLs
to schemas or a mechanism to exchange compiled schemas and link to schemaID).
Or maybe, there is already a way to do that?
If not, are you aware of a plan/a will/discussions/some work within or outside the WG to support more dynamic interoperable schema
encoding scenarios?

Regards,
        youenn