Re: Question about EXI Draft - Position of Self-Contained

Hello Keisuke,

> I understood that the mechanism to find Self-Contained Data from an EXI
> document is out of the specification.
> If possible, please show me some mechanism you and WG-members have
> discussed.

Unfortunately we can't show you one mechanism for efficiently using
selfContained elements in your environment. Without any background
knowledge one could come up with several solutions to address the
problem. The simplest approach I can think of is a list of ID's mapped
to the byte-offset of certain selfContained elements. The ID may have
a meaning associated with it in your application.

We hope that the simple example described above carries an essence
that can inspire you to devise mechanisms that best suit the need of your
application.

Hope this helps,

-- Daniel