Re: [EXI] Partial flush

Hello Taki Kamiya,

Thanks for the response.

Taki Kamiya schrieb:
> EXI provides a facility called "self-contained elements" that can be
> leveraged to enable such functions like indexing, skipping, etc.

> To use self-contained elements, an option in the header "selfContained"
> needs to be turned on. It is worth noting that this option is mutually
> exclusive with "compression" option. Self-contained elements can be
> used only in non-compression mode.

The self-contained elements will not work for my scenario (if I'm
restricted to non-compression mode). In that scenario skipping is only a
bonus.

My scenario pre-compresses multiple XML fragments and then combines
these into multiple EXI streams/documents.
AFAIK: This scenario is prevented by the same constraints which prevent
"skipping" in compressed mode.

I'll explain the scenario in more detail along with some questions in
the next email (subject: Precompressed EXI Fragments).

Regards
Jochen Darley