From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:09:37 AM
To: public-exercises-and-activities@w3.org
Subject: Re: Educational Exercises and Activities Community Group

Hello All.

Is the IMS Content Packaging, SCORM, IMS Common Cartridge[1] family in scope for comparison? They're long-established, a little unwebby in their approach, so while they are zip-bundled resources they're not built around new W3C technologies (though they are not incompatible with them).

They're well understood in educational technology circles, and I think that many of the issues raied during their development around pedagogy and interoperability will be relevant here.

Regards, Phil

1. For anyone not familiar with them there are some old briefing papers describing them, QTI, and other potentially useful standards at http://publications.cetis.org.uk/c/briefings including

IMS LTI http://publications.cetis.org.uk/2012/473

IMS QTI http://publications.cetis.org.uk/2011/141

IMS Content Packaging http://publications.cetis.org.uk/2005/206

ADL SCORM http://publications.cetis.org.uk/2005/235 (about an old version of SCORM)

Disclaimer: I worked for the organization that produced these briefings and am a partner in its successor organisation.