Re: Unicorn Validator

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 09:56:46 +0200
To: public-evangelist@w3.org, "Grail Dane" <grail69@hotmail.com>
On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 05:32:51 +0200, Grail Dane <grail69@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> So I am a little confused when the w3 site provides a validator which
> its' own site does not pass?Shouldn't the provider at least follow their
> own advice??
> Cheersgrail

Dear Grail Dane

We have documented why our site doesn't pass validation:
   http://www.w3.org/Help/about-redesign.html#limitations

[[
Because of known interoperability issues, we have accepted to use CSS that
does not validate with the CSS validator. Over time we hope to evolve
towards valid CSS.
]]

Coralie

--
   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR