Re: License and legal concern about the W3C wiki content

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:42:52 -0400
Cc: "'public-evangelist@w3.org' w3. org" <public-evangelist@w3.org>, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
To: Jeremie Patonnier <jeremie.patonnier@gmail.com>

Le 31 juil. 2011 à 16:02, Jeremie Patonnier a écrit :
> 	• If possible, turn any CC content into a CC0 "Public Domain" content. FWIW I think it's the most appropriate license term for such a content.

CC0 = no rights reserved.
note that it doesn't solve everything (*) but might help, I would be happy with it. The wiki [1] has a lot of contents already, not sure how we deal with the history.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/wiki/

(*) It is not possible to put your work in public domain in France for example. but I'm not a lawyer and the wikipedia page seems to talk about CC0 positively.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domaine_public_en_droit_de_la_propriété_intellectuelle_français#Quand_l.E2.80.99.C5.93uvre_entre-t-elle_dans_le_domaine_public_.3F

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/