Re: W3C wiki and multilingual contributions

On 22 Jul 2011, at 21:18, Jeremie Patonnier wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2011/7/22 Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
>
> On 20 Jul 2011, at 22:38, marc@stalfoort.nl wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Since Jeremie has mentioned to handle the French translations, I'm willing
> > to put my effort into the Dutch version.
>
> Thank you so much for your offer of help Marc. Next week I will start work on doing some of the article updates. Once those are done, I will let you guys know on this list, so you can start work on some translations.
>
> I guess that articles which has a comment like "NOT MANY UPDATES NEEDED" might be a good start for translators. Of course some of the key articles (such as introduction to technologies or general articles) do not fall in that category. But it's a start.

yes, those are good ones to start with. I will start going through this week as well, and updating articles as I go. I'll post on this list as well as on the discussion pages when I think an article is ready to be translated. Of course, this won't stop others coming along and making more updates, but that is the nature of Wikis! I think the English versions and the translations will diverge somewhat as time goes on, but that's ok, as long as they still teach the same good stuff.