Re: HTML <head> article updated

Hello

I come a bit latter, but here's my 2ct ;)

2011/8/10 Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:19:50 +0200, Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
> wrote:
>
> Le 10 août 2011 à 09:11, Coralie Mercier a écrit :
>>
>>> Karl's feedback to think about wikipedia isn't of much help to me. His
>>> feedback that he anticipates people to take ownership of content is of some
>>> help, assuming people who translate a page will "watch" that page for
>>> changes and apply changes to translations. Is this a fair characterization?
>>>

>> nope, I expect and I think it will be good that people will make these
>> evolve in a way that we do not expect. Right now we see it as an official
>> English source and translation of the English source in different languages.
>>
>> What I expect in a multilingual wiki (such as wikipedia) is that people
>> evolve the page on their own will diverging, refactoring, reorganizing their
>> own way the content. Basically after a few months or years, there will be no
>> identity in between pages on the same topic.

Exactly, a Wiki is something organic that grow with the will of the authors.
If authors do not care about it, it become a mess. But if the authors are
good gardener it can become like Versailles ;) I'm a big fan of (and
contributor to) the MDN Documentation Wiki (
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs), I think it could be useful to see
how they manage their community of contributors.

>> I know it is difficult to imagine when we are used to a controlled
>> environment, but I think there is an intrinsic benefit in people handling
>> the content the way they want.
>>
>> These wiki pages are not specifications :)

The point is that contents must be accurate but in the case of that
curriculum (and of a public wiki in general), it's important not to be too
picky. At some points it's possible to forgive some technical issues and use
"lies for children" in order to have things more understandable.

> So now we (on the W3C side) only have to make this mediawiki multilingual.

Hell Yeah ! \o/

Cheers
--
Jeremie